Work With Us
Founded in 2009 in Jackson Hole, WY, Purple Orange LLC produces small batch, high quality brand communications mixed with creativity, modern mediums and a respected authentic voice. Our professional influences range from publishing, large and small agency work, and former in-house marketing; we like to think we see the whole picture for our clients. Specializing in outdoor and active lifestyle brands, our clients have spanned industry-leading performance apparel brands, food and beverage, outdoor tech, and non-profit work. We strive to create, execute and deliver customized communication platforms that meaningfully connect brands with their audiences.
We don’t believe in a shotgun approach to PR, but rather a deliberate process matching up appropriate pitches with interested journalists. We use old fashion best practice combined with modern mediums. Our brands are never seen as an annoyance or associated with spam. We’re well known for being timely, thoughtful, personal and real with all our communications. Sometimes it takes more time, but we’re into doing it right.
If you are looking for a workplace that offers perks like powder mornings, lunchtime bike rides and a dog friendly work environment, while working along side people who take as much pride in their professional career they do in how many days a year they ski, Purple Orange may be the perfect place for you.
Purple Orange Brand Communications is looking for a PR Account Coordinator to join its team. A minimum of 1-2 years experience in marketing, PR, or journalism is required. A background in the ski, endurance sports, or outdoor industry is a plus. As well as visual story-telling utilizing Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and cloud-based management platforms.
The Account Coordinator (AC) serves to support agency Account Managers, helping carry-out strategic communication plans, coordinating with journalists, clients, and helping compile reports. The AC should expect to spend 6+ hours a day cranking away at computer, while also assisting with shipping, office organization, and with agency-sponsored media events.
- Support the Account Manager in daily PR duties and tasks.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with key media.
- Maintain regular client reporting: weekly, monthly and quarterly.
- Regularly pitch client stories to media and follow-up on story opportunities.
- Develop effective press releases and compelling content for clients.
- Create targeted media distribution lists and build new media relationships.
- Monitor for client media coverage.
- Research new media outlets & list building.
- Keep abreast of your client’s industry, competition and media coverage.
- Have a solid understanding of social media networks and marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong writing skills and proven writing experience.
- Experience managing spreadsheets, databases, or other cloud-based applications.
- Team-oriented attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever needed.
- Creative communications approach.
- Desire to keep learning and advance within the agency.
- Creativity and integrity.
- A love of the outdoors.
- A sense of humor.
Are you looking for a company that offers perks like powder days, lunchtime bike rides and dog friendly work environment? Do you want to live and work in a place with access to world-class skiing, fishing, hiking, paddling and biking? Do you take as much pride in your professional career as you do in how many days a year you ski? If you check these boxes, Purple Orange may be the perfect place for you.
Email resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent information to